This devilled eggs recipe will blow your guests away. A stunning appetiser, brunch or aperitif dish, packed with rich flavour! The curry mango twist adds another, fruity dimension yet doesn’t totally overpower the taste from the yolk of the eggs. The salted peanut crumb addition gives the plate a variety of texture, and of course works amazingly alongside both the egg and eastern flavours.
Devilled eggs obviously look very impressive, when in-fact they’re surprisingly easy to cook. Follow the method below and you’ll no-doubt be rustling these up at every opportunity (see ingredient list at the bottom).
The Devilled Eggs Method
1. Place your eggs into a saucepan of cold, salted water. Bring to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, mix together in a bowl your mayonnaise, curry mango sauce, a pinch of your coriander, a dash of hot sauce, white wine vinegar with salt and pepper.
3. Once the eggs are finished, plunge into cold water to cool. Then peel and carefully slice in half (be sure to use a sharp enough knife).
4. Carefully remove the yolks by slightly push the egg white away, and levering them out with a teaspoon. Mash all the yolks in a separate bowl with the back of a fork.
5. Mix together your sauce mix with the yolks and distribute throughout your eggs, one teaspoon at a time.
6. Season with a pinch of paprika, coriander, salt and pepper.
7. Place your salted peanuts in a sandwich bag (or napkin), and crush with a rolling pin until fairly fine. Serve around the eggs. Tuck in & enjoy.
Devilled eggs shopping List (8 servings)
- Eggs x 4
- Heinz curry mango sauce (2 tablespoons)
- Mayonnaise (3 tablespoons)
- White wine vinegar (1 teaspoon)
- Hot sauce (a dash)
- Fresh coriander
- Salted peanuts (60g)
- Paprika (a pinch)