This streaky bacon egg cup recipe is a super fun way to spice up your breakfast, and impress some friends over a brunch. It can be a little fiddly but follow the method below and it should be a breeze.
This dish brings together all of the classic English breakfast flavours into one compact bite. If you’re catering for the masses I’d suggest using a muffin tray instead of ramekins, this will help you cook bigger batches. I’ve recently started my own herb bed so loved chopping the chives from the garden, and tomatoes on the way soon!
If you’re up for changing it up you can of course add other elements like chilli, maybe some balsamic vinegar into the egg. You can really use anything you have available. Within reason…
The Method: The Streaky Bacon Egg Cup
1. Pre-heat your oven to 200°C. Meanwhile, score your bread with the rim of your ramekin before toasting, this will make it easier to cut the circle once toasted.
2. Half your tomatoes and drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper. Roast for 12 minutes.
3. Grease the edge of your ramekin (i’m using recycled GÜ pots). Cut out your circles from the toast and push to the bottom of your ramekins.
4. Line the edge with a rasher of streaky bacon, add a pinch of cheese, 1/2 a cherry tomato, and crack your egg into the centre.
5. Season with some salt, pepper & chives and bake for 20 minutes.
6. Use a knife to carefully cut around the edge, and ease out the egg cup.
7. Season with some more chives, tuck in & enjoy.
Shopping list: Steaky bacon egg cup (3 cups)
Eggs x 3
Cherry tomatoes 2-3
Sliced bread (2-3 slices size depending)
Streaky bacon x 3
Salt & Pepper
Ramekin x 3 (or muffin tray)